Do you always wanted to get into modern front-end development but was too worried with all the tooling involved? Well, I was too, and after spending over a year learning everything, I thought it is time WordPress has an awesome DX for front-end development too.
wpack.io is an attempt to overcome all the pain points from setting up proper tooling to make webpack work with WordPress.
- 👉 Have Create React App like Best In Class developer experience for WordPress Plugin/Theme development.
- 👉 Consume all the modern packages from npm registry.
- 👉 Automatically minify and bundle code with webpack.
- 👉 Split large files automatically and have PHP library to
wp_enqueue_scriptall generated parts.
- 👉 Use SASS/SCSS language to create stylesheets.
- 👉 Use postcss autoprefixer to automatically make your CSS work with needed vendor prefixes.
- 👉 Implement all the above to your existing wamp, mamp, vvv (basically any) dev server.
- 👉 Create production grade, super optimized and minified files with one command (hello CI).
- 👉 Typescript and Flowtype to take your js carrier to the next level. This tooling itself is written in typescript.
- 👉 All the stuff you need to start developing using react. Hello Gutenberg!
- 👉 Create directly installable